The Rowe was originally built in 1921 as a modern "fireproof" hotel. After Fred N. Rowe raised the $1.5 million needed to fund the project, The Rowe hotel officially opened in 1923. Throughout its time as a hotel, The Rowe has welcomed all types of guests, even including a few U.S. Presidents! The Rowe stands on what was known as "Germantown" to the early residents, where there once lived a colony of blacksmiths during the pioneer days. After going through a couple of changes, CWD came in 2014 to convert the property into what it is today.
ADDRESS: 201 Michigan St. NW
DISTRICT: Grand Rapids Public Schools
AMENITIES: Parking, rooftop lounge, fitness center, rooftop deck